To get started with your GO! there are a few steps you must complete before you head off.
- Register yourself and your device to use Iridium’s Mail and Web service – this can be done at https://www.iridium.com/mailandweb/
- Satellite Phone Number needs to be entered starting 8816 (not with + or 00)
- Once you have registered you must wait until you receive an email confirming your registration.
- Two apps will need to be downloaded:
- The first app is the Iridium GO! app. This app enables you to control the device, make phone calls, send/receive SMS, change settings, etc. This can be downloaded from App Store (for iOS devices) or Googe play (for Android devices)
- The second app you will require is the Iridium Mail and Web service app. This app will compress the data to allow a better email and web experience. This can be downloaded from App Store (for iOS devices) or Googe play (for Android devices)
! – The default username and password for the is ‘guest’ and ‘guest’ until you change it.
! – On the Iridium Mail & Web app your username is entered WITHOUT the @myiridium.net
Once you have reached this stage successfully and you have familiarised yourself with the GO! itself, remember to change the Wifi on your devices to select the Iridium GO!, go outside and start communicating.
We highly recommend use of our email compression service for added features and easy setup (it also allows use of the GO! with a PC or Mac) details can be found at Sat-Mail Email Compression