The ICOM IC-SAT100 PTT Satellite Push To Talk using Iridiums global Satellite network offers across the horizon push to talk communications.
What is SATELLITE PTT?
SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk) is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable backup, independent from other networks.
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
Wide Area Global Communications
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Real-Time, Low-Latency Communication
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
Built-in Emergency Key
The orange key on the top panel can be used for emergency situations. You can transmit an emergency call to preprogrammed users with holding down the key.
• Ingress Protection: IP67
• Ruggedisation: MIL-STD 810G
• Operating Temp.: –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
• 14.5 hours of operation*.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions.
TX: RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
• Secure conversations with AES encryption
• Short Data Message function
• Voice Recording function
• Multiple language display (English, Chinese,
French, Japanese, and Spanish)
• Built-in Bluetooth®
• Integrated GNSS receiver
• SMA type antenna connector for an external
• AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress
that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
• Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices,
including Iridium Extreme® PTT*
* Some specific functions may not be compatible. Checking with your local
supplier before purchasing is highly recommended.