A simple, easy way of checking if your satellite handset is still working is by doing a test call.
So if you are about to set sail, get ready for the adventure of your life, planning to hike up a mountain or just checking if your satellite handset is still working, here is what you need to do.
Prior to proceeding you will need to follow the below steps
- Use your satellite phone outdoors with direct line of sight to the satellite
- Always fully extend the satellite antenna
- Wait for the network and for the GPS indicator to stop flashing to connect (excludes Iridium)
Monthly plan users:
- Turn on your phone.
- Call +1-480-752-5105
- If your phone is working, you will hear a call completion confirmation message as well some quick tips on proper handset usage. If you discover that your phone is not operational please contact us
- Turn on your phone.
- Call +870 776 999 999.
Please note: IsatPhone PRO users, please check the firmware version of your handset as the minimum operational one is: version 5.3.0, anything lower will result in the handset not being operational.
You can check the firmware version of your IsatPhone PRO by going to Menu->Settings->About.
To update your firmware version please follow this link: https://www.satphone.co.uk/isatphone-firmware-update
- Test your Thuraya phone regularly, especially if you have not used it for some time (Dial 11 11 2 from your Thuraya phone to test it)
- Dial 2888 and press the green call button. You will then hear an automated message alerting to your current balance and how much longer your credit will be valid for.
Inmarsat – IsatPhone
- Wait for the handset to register onto the satellite network. Once registered with an appropriate signal dial 591 to hear your balance. Alternatively, to see your balance on screen dial *106#. Wait a moment and your current balance and validity date will be displayed on the screen
- Alternatively you can call +870772000591 from a landline to check your balance (please note that calls to satellite phone numbers can be more expensive).
- Wait for the handset to register onto the satellite network. Once registered with an appropriate signal dial *151# and press the green call key. You will receive a message displayed on the screen with your current balance (please note that Thuraya quote the unit balance as $)